This type of CT scan is typically used to help diagnose the cause of abdominal or pelvic pain and diseases of the internal organs, small bowel and colon. According to the American College of Radiology, possible diagnoses include:
- infections such as appendicitis, pyelonephritis or infected fluid collections, also known as abscesses.
- inflammatory bowel disease such as ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease, pancreatitis or liver cirrhosis.
- cancers of the liver, kidneys, pancreas, ovaries and bladder as well as lymphoma.
- kidney and bladder stones.
- abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAA), injuries to abdominal organs such as the spleen, liver, kidneys or other internal organs in cases of trauma.
This test is common and can be done by DIS at a fraction of the cost that would be at any southeast Louisiana area hospitals. For those with insurance deductibles, this is a critical point.
Call 504-883-5999 or 985-641-2390 for your very own DIS patient experience. Say “no thank you” to exorbitant hospital imaging prices and charges.
Choose independent and save money. Choose Diagnostic imaging Services: doctor trusted, patient preferred.