A message from the American Cancer Society:
What a year it’s been.
Millions of people helped celebrate 100 years of fighting cancer with the American Cancer Society by volunteering, raising money, listening, and speaking out.
But this year’s most amazing accomplishments happened quietly, in homes and restaurants and backyards and parks across the country: more than 400 people each day, who would otherwise have been lost to cancer, celebrated a birthday. That’s a lot to be thankful for.
As the holidays approach, we’ll be working hard to finish the year strong. With your help, we can save even more birthdays in 2014.
Here’s a look at what we’ve done together in the past year:
- Invested $160.1 million to find the next breakthrough in cancer research
- Helped nearly 1 million people with answers and support via our 24/7 hotline
- Provided free lodging for nearly 50,000 cancer patients traveling away from home for treatment
- Gave nearly 200,000 rides to patients who needed a way to get to their cancer treatment
- Enrolled tens of thousands of participants in a landmark study to investigate the causes of cancer and better understand how to prevent the disease
Everyone made this possible.
Until there are no cancer deaths, we must keep fighting. And we will.