Diagnostic Imaging Services shares information about an advanced imaging exam we perform as part of our portfolio of women’s imaging services: breast MRI.
MRI of the breast is not a replacement for mammography or ultrasound imaging but rather a supplemental tool that has many important uses, including:
- Screening in women at high risk for breast cancer.
- Determining the extent of cancer after a new diagnosis of breast cancer.
- Further evaluating hard-to-assess abnormalities seen on mammography.
- Evaluating lumpectomy sites in the years following breast cancer treatment.
- Following chemotherapy treatment in patients getting neoadjuvant chemotherapy (treatment before the cancer has been surgically removed).
- Evaluating breast implants.
Breast MRI, as shown in the photo above, is performed on our high field open MRI at our Metairie – Veterans Memorial Boulevard location and on our high field traditional MRI at the DIS Covington – Highway 21 location. We supplement the exam with Computer Aided Detection (CAD) that allows our radiologists to further evaluate and interpret each study more closely.
Call 504-883-5999 or 985-641-2390 for your very own DIS patient experience. Our list price and subsequent charge for breast MRI is far below area hospitals, offering lower costs to those with insurance deductibles WITHOUT sacrificing quality of service.
Cost and convenience. You can have both!