When you visit your doctor and you get a recommendation for an imaging exam, you’ll receive a referral order, also known as a script. Often, a doctor makes a recommendation on where you should go for the scan.
Please be aware that you are not mandated to go where your doctor recommends on the script. You have the right to choose where to go for your test.
The reasons why to choose DIS
How do you base your decision on where to go? We recommend Diagnostic Imaging Services and below are 10 good reasons why:
- Independently-owned by a local radiologist whose primary concern is your well-being and to provide the very best service to local physicians and health care providers.
- A board certified DIS radiologist will interpret your images.
- Many of our radiologists are subspecialists with advanced expertise.
- All DIS equipment is accredited by the American College of Radiology.
- We support the Image Gently and Image Wisely imaging safety campaigns.
- DIS offers the latest in ultra high field technology with our 3T MRI systems in Metairie and Marrero — systems often demanded by medical subspecialists.
- For people who are claustrophobic, nervous or anxious, DIS has the only 1.2T high field open MRI scanners in southeast Louisiana, in Metairie and Covington.
- DIS performs comprehensive women’s health exams from 3D mammography to breast biopsy.
- At many hospitals and their affiliates, you may have to wait weeks before you can have your test. At DIS, we make every effort to book your appointment for the same day or next.
- Our costs and charges are far below area hospitals and their exorbitant imaging fees.
Simply call us or click that green button over there ===>
Once you have your referral order, give us a call at 504-883-5999 or 985-641-2390 to make an appointment. Or, click our Request an Appointment button to send us a secure email asking for assistance.
For common imaging exams that are not an emergency, avoid the hospital, their more expensive fees and crowded, hectic campuses. Choose centers that have parking right around the location and a much more relaxed, calm environment.
Choose Diagnostic Imaging Services: doctor trusted and patient preferred.