For people who are claustrophobic, they will find DIS very helpful in allowing them to complete an MRI exam. If you have concerns regarding claustrophobia, please alert our call center associate when making your appointment and we will be happy to schedule your exam on one of our High Field Open Non Claustrophobic MRI systems – THE ONLY SYSTEMS OF THEIR KIND IN THE GREATER NEW ORLEANS AND SOUTHEAST LOUISIANA AREA.
Our 1.2T High Field Open MRI scanners provides the imaging quality of a traditional MRI with the comfort of a TRUE open system. How comfortable and accommodating? In 2011, DIS accommodated a patient that weighed 700 pounds and needed a MRI to evaluate their thyroid.
Other traditional MRI unites at hospital or other outpatient imaging centers were not able to provide the appropriate clinical and system accommodation.
Diagnostic Imaging Services has become the leading solutions provider for people who have received a recommendation for an MRI, but have the anxious, nervous feelings about the exam. In many cases, people can avoid taking medication by choosing our open system and enjoying a more comfortable, relaxed experience. We have also received national recognition for image quality produced by our Oasis scanner.
The benefits of the 1.2T MRI system include:
- High Field strength for excellent image quality for the doctors
- Better comfort of a true open unit
- A wide 270 degree view of the exam room, so a person can see all around
- Accommodation of bariatric people who will not fit in a traditional closed MRI
- With a more relaxed environment, studies are usually completed in less time
- A family member may accompany a person or child having the MRI into the exam room
Click here to read a discussion regarding claustrophobia and MRI.