Diagnostic Imaging Services is pleased to announce that our second breast tomosynthesis system arrived today at our Metairie center. We anticipate the system being in full implementation in late February.
Breast tomosynthesis (3D mammography) is a breakthrough in mammography that provides a clearer, more accurate view compared to digital mammography alone.
Conventional digital mammography produces one image of overlapping tissue, making it difficult to detect cancers. Performed with digital mammography using the same scanner, breast tomosynthesis takes multiple images of the entire breast. It allows our specialized breast radiologists to see through layers of tissue and examine areas of concern from all angles.
- Earlier detection of small breast cancers that may be hidden during digital mammography
- Greater accuracy in pinpointing size, shape and location of abnormalities
- Fewer unnecessary biopsies or additional tests
- Greater likelihood of detecting multiple breast tumors, which occur in 15% of breast cancer patients
- Clearer images of dense breast tissue
Diagnostic Imaging Services offers 3D mammography in an outpatient imaging environment free of hospital campuses, multi-story parking garages, stairways and elevators. Women in southeast Louisiana deserve an alternative to the hospital and area health systems. Thousands of women choose us each month and place their trust in DIS to complete their exams accurately and efficiently.
Say YES and spend LESS at DIS.