In recognition of Diagnostic Imaging Services beginning its 45th year of providing outpatient imaging service to people in the communities surrounding New Orleans, we’d like to unveil a slight revision logo which we will use this year to highlight this accomplishment. No other outpatient imaging provider has served this area longer than DIS.
It is a tribute to the hardworking, talented and dedicated people that are in our centers, taking care of people who come to us for their tests. This is also to say thank you: to the people, the physicians, the nurses, the nurse practitioners, the physician’s assistants and the office staff of referring offices for putting their trust in us to provide a warm welcome, pleasant experience and sincere thank you to each and every person that walks through our doors.
Our organization has changed in the years we have served the greater New Orleans and surrounding communities. These changes include new locations, new technology and new service offerings. These include:
- Adding our presence to the Northshore in late 2013 with the opening of centers in Slidell and Covington.
- Acquiring new technology to bring the power and versatility of 3 Tesla ultra-high field Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) in 2017 to our Marrero – Avenue C facility.
- Expanding our offering of 3D mammography, also known as breast tomosynthesis, to our Marrero – Avenue C, Slidell and Covington – Highway 21 locations.
- Expanding our comprehensive, exclusive prostate 3T MRI imaging service that is not found anywhere else in Louisiana or the Gulf Coast, to our Marrero – Avenue C facility.
- Beginning to perform DaTscan studies to confirm diagnoses of Parkinson’s disease, first in Metairie and then expanding to our Covington – Highway 21 location.
- Bringing in ultra-low dose Computed Tomography (CT) systems at our Metairie – Avenue C and Covington – Highway 21 locations, offering the safest CT scan in our area.
- Adding three more locations in 2017, with the opening of our Metairie – Houma Boulevard, Marrero – Wichers Drive and Covington – Pinnacle Parkway facilities.
As an independently-owned medical imaging provider, Diagnostic Imaging Services continues to offer high-quality screening and diagnostic testing at much more affordable fees over area hospitals and health systems. More people and more physicians are becoming aware of the insurgence of high deductible health insurance plans that can run into the thousands of dollars per year. When having the responsibility for a greater share of health care cost, the medical community has ways for people to save money. One way is to choose independent medical providers such as DIS.
In our 2017 survey of people who visited DIS, we asked if they would be likely to recommend us to others for testing needs. The answer: 99.6% of those answering the question answered YES.
What better testimony could we have?
Choose independent and save. Choose Diagnostic Imaging Services: doctor trusted and patient preferred.